Thursday, May 30, 2013

Why do I have to always come up with a Title??

So I am a little late posting this week.  It has been a crazy week.  I did have weigh in on Wednesday this week.  And IT WAS GREAT!   I lost 1.6 lbs this week.  That is a total of 7.6 lbs in three weeks.   So something is working.  I have noticed a change in my clothes already.  I seem to have dropped one dress size.  I am also only .8 lbs from my first goal.  I have every intention of blowing through that goal next week.

On a sad note, my family lost our beloved pet Sasha this week.  It was a blow for us.  We loved her very much.  Those of you with pets know how they become a member of the family.  They are like another child that you have raised.  Sasha was 14 years old.  We originally got Sasha for a companion for our beautiful boy Nicodemus (Nick).  She kept Nick young and playful longer than most Rottweilers.  Rottweilers normally have a lifespan of 7-9 years.  Nick had hip dysplasia in both his hips and was diagnosed with it when he was only 1 year old.  The Vets suggested expensive surgery at Auburn, but instead we got Sasha.  Sasha kept Nick active and he ended up not needing surgery.  Nick lived until he was 13 years old and never had another problem with his hips until he contracted bone cancer.  After Nick died, Sasha got lonely.  We could not play with her all the time.  When Daddy brought Sugar (his Christmas present) back to us, Sasha rebounded from her mourning over the loss of her brother.  I fervently believe that Sugar brought Sasha back to us, because she had been less playful and sad after Nick passed on.  This last year, Sasha has had a companion again.  So although we were not happy about expanding our family to include Sasha (DAD)... thank you Daddy for bringing her into Sasha's life.

Everyone should give their furry family member a hug and thank them for the unconditional love that they give you everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment