Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weigh in Day!

Well I had my third official weigh in.  (Of course, pretty soon I will not remember what number the weigh in is, but until that happens ....)  So I am very pleased to announce that I have lost another 3.8 lbs.  That is a total of 6lbs in two weeks and I received my 5lb star.  WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on to the great part of tonight's blog.  My celebration dinner.  I will first show you each dish separately then the final plate.  So first a salad of sorts.  Sauteed Arugula and Tomatoes with Cheese and Pine Nuts.  I really liked this because as my friends know, I LOVE goat cheese and this dish has plenty of it.

This dish is not only very colorful, it is also easy.  Basically, you toast the pine nuts then set them aside.  Then using grape tomatoes, heat olive oil in a pan then add the tomatoes.  You sweat the tomatoes until they start to split then mash them down.  Once you have done that, you add garlic and toss in the Arugula, which is then wilted.  Put it all in a bowl add in the roasted pine nuts and crumbled goat cheese and TADA!!!!!

The second side (would really be an appetizer but I wanted it as a side dish) was Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus.


This basically blanched Asparagus wrapped with Prosciutto and fat free cream cheese.  It is finished off with a sprinkle of Balsamic Vinegar (you should never skimp on this, always use the best) and fresh ground pepper.

Now for the main dish.  Grilled Rib-eye with Barbeque Sauce.


This was made with a homemade sauce which consisted of Ketchup, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, stone ground mustard, and Worchestire sauce.  Coat the rib-eye with the sauce and grill. Easy Peasy!

The final plate ..... BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!


BON APPETITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment