Monday, May 20, 2013

Who Said You Can't Eat Good Food on a DIET!!!!!

So I was talking to my good friend Kelly Breakey, who is avid blogger.  (She is much better at it than I am.) I was telling her about my blog and how it has now evolved into a place where I talk about my weight loss journey through Weight Watchers.  Then I was telling her about all the great meals that I have been making. and she suggested that instead of just writing about them, I should post pictures of the meals that I make so that you can see just how good they look. (Of Course, the powers that be still have not perfected smellovision or tastovision so you will have to just trust what I tell you about the aromas and taste).

I thought Great Idea!  Why didn't I think of that.  I mean you all know how I love to take pictures of my food when Jim and I are at a great restaurant and post those pictures on Facebook to taunt you, right?!  So why not post the pictures of food that I actually made and was within my accepted Weight Watchers points.

So Here Goes!  This weekend we had two great meals.  The first was Somo Loltada, straight from the Weight Watchers Kitchen Companion App.


This Peruvian favorite was easy to prepare.  Total prep time including marinating for an hour ... 1 hour 20 minutes. Cook time was 35 minutes.  It is a beef dish prepared with serrano chiles, sweet red peppers, tomatoes and Yukon gold potatoes.  It smelled great and tasted even better.  Best yet it was only 10 points.  Yep all that yummy goodness and only 10 points.  Since I get 36 points a day, I could have had seconds, except for the fact that the first serving filled me up.  And Yep, Jim liked it.

Now on Sunday, I decided to leave Peru and head to Asia.  I prepared General Tso's Chicken with a side of Stir Fried Bok Choy.  These also came from the WW Kitchen Companion App.  (Gotta tell you, that App is simply amazing.)


Now I know the plating of this is not ideal, but once again very filling dish.  The spices just made my kitchen smell great.  The Bok Choy was stir fried in Sesame Oil with ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.  Now Jim didn't really care for this because he didn't like the texture of the Bok Choy.  I on the other hand really liked it.  The General Tso's Chicken however got approval from Jim, Me, and Laura.  Spicy, but not too spicy, tasty and once again, one serving was enough.  This whole meal, Bok Choy included, was again only 10 points.

Well, today I am taking a break from cooking and eating a salad using the new Lean Cuisine Salad Additions.  If you haven't tried them yet, do.

Weigh in is on Wednesday this week.  So I will keep you posted.  Stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Pics look great and that Kelly Breakey is one smart Cookie. (No you may not start calling me Cookie."

    ReplyDelete