Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A New Adventure!

Okay so after spending time with my Aunt (who has sworn that if I blog about her she will reveal all my secrets), I have decided to try and lose weight using Weight Watchers.  I tried this before but was not successful.  This time I plan on going to the regular meetings each week.  I started on Sunday.  I have prepared 3 meals using recipes from the Weight Watchers App.  And so far they have been fantastic.  Sunday we had a baked chicken with roasted tomatoes.  Monday we had Tomato and Roasted Pepper Lasagna.  Tonight I made a Flank Steak with Chimichurra sauce and a Hollandaise sauce for vegetables.  It has all been delicious.  For those of you who know me, you know that I am 5'9 (used to be 5'11 but i shrunk) and all through my teens I was skinny.  I was Waif before waif was in.  In my mid 20's, I went on Clomid to get pregnant.  I had PCOS syndrome.  The combination between the drugs and PCOS warped my metabolism and I gained weight.  I have been over 100lbs over what I weighed when I got married ever since. 

I don't know about you, but when I see myself in my mind, I am still skinny.   I get a shock every morning when I look in the mirror.  It is time for that shock to END!  As I go through this with you, I would appreciate your support.  I will share some of the recipes and my thoughts on the system.  My Aunt started back at the first of the year and has done great.  I can only hope that I do as well.  Feel free to share your attempts at losing weight and your frustration.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will keep you abreast of my weight loss (but not how much I weight). LOL!!!!

Finally, I will attempt to post more often as well.  Well wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that your doing something for yourself and sometimes motivation is key. So if your getting that from the meetings go for it. Can't wait to see the new slim you.

    ReplyDelete